We’ve seen that there are many options for the top chainsaw gloves available.
A chainsaw is a dangerous piece of equipment when it becomes out of control. For someone who is very cautious, I have had one time when I decided to cut a piece of wood without taking off my gloves.
I was close to finishing the day and was ready to cut my final log. When I cut I lost my grip on the saw and nearly removed several fingers from my hand. Since then I’ve been adamant to wear all of my safety gear before starting any chainsaw project.
Always be sure to wear safety equipment when working with the chainsaw. Do you not have gloves for your chainsaw? We decided to test a few of the most effective chainsaw gloves to find out how they’ll protect our hands.
The Most Effective Chainsaw Gloves
VGO Protective Gloves
- Good, cheap safety gloves
- Breathable goatskin
- S, M, L, M, L,
Husqvarna Chainsaw Gloves
- High-quality, comfortable saw gloves
- The skin of a goat, spandex cut-resistant
- M, L, XL different colors
The ECHO Chainsaw hand protection
- Kevlar chainsaw gloves
- Goatskin Leather 100%, with reinforced Knuckles
- S, M, L, S, M, L,
The STIHL Chainsaw Pro Gloves
- Full-grain leather with a soft, comfortable texture.
- Multi-layered, cut protectant
- M, L, XL
Ironclad Ranchworx Work Gloves
- Excellent work gloves, however, they are not cut-resistant
- Leather and Spandex
- S to S to
Whether you are planning a DIY project at home or are an experienced logger you’ll require an excellent pair of chainsaw gloves. There is a broad range of manufacturers that provide diverse characteristics.
We’ve tried a variety of chainsaw gloves to suit various projects throughout the years.
We test for important elements such as:
In this article, we’ll look at some of our top gloves, and guide you in choosing the perfect chainsaw glove that will meet your needs.
Gloves from Stihl are all pretty excellent, and there’s an assortment of them priced at different prices.
Husqvarna gloves are also excellent. There are however several lesser-known companies that also sell high-quality gloves designed for use with chainsaws.
We’ve compiled our Top 10 choices for anyone at different levels of chainsaw usage, including homeowners, loggers, and arborists.
VGO 1 Chainsaw for Work Gloves
This VGO Chainsaw Work Glove is a budget-friendly but durable choice. It’s perfect for commercial, backyard, or industrial uses.
The combination of goatskin and PVC gives you comfort and a great grip. The chainsaw cloth that is 12 layers to the left hand’s back offers protection against injuries.
The glove is believed that it is extremely comfortable, and be worn to work for long hours.
The extra cuff is great at keeping dust out. After a lot of use, the glove has proved to be an excellent inexpensive alternative for all kinds of projects.
Its features are:
- 4 sizes (Medium, Large, X-Large, XX-Large)
- Goat Leather Goat Leather allows for hours of a comfortable and relaxing time
- Chainsaw protection 12-Layer will help prevent injuries
- Velcro and Neoprene cuffs ensure a perfect fitting
Husqvarna Functional Chainsaw Gloves
We have found the Husqvarna Function Chainsaw Safety Gloves the gloves that were most comfy we tested during our tests.
The team at Husqvarna spent a lot of time creating these gloves, just as they did for the Husqvarna functional Chainsaw Chaps.
If you’re a big fan of Husqvarna chainsaws these gloves will be an excellent accessory to your toolbox.
They’re comfortable and well-designed. After several hours of cutting wood, we felt secure and safe.
Gloves with HTML0 include:
- Soft cuffs, comfortable seams, and goatskin make this glove extremely comfortable
- The saw protection class 0 meets specifications for speeds of up to 16m/s
- High-visibility color and reflective logo
Echo Kevlar Chainsaw Gloves
If you’re in search of a Kevlar glove we highly recommend using the Echo Chainsaw Glove.
The gloves are made of two different layers of Kevlar to protect against injuries. The palms as well as the interior inside of gloves are constructed and can help reduce fatigue.
Kevlar is among the best options to protect your hands when working with the chainsaw. Although these gloves may be somewhat more costly you’ll be satisfied with the extra protection offered by the Kevlar-reinforced backs.
- Double Kevlar layers provide outstanding protection against injuries
- A goatskin-like palm with foam padding helps to reduce vibration
- Strong fingertips and durable Knuckles makes these gloves durable
ECHO products are manufactured by Japan and the USA in the USA and Japan and have a good reputation in the chainsaw world.
STIHL Professional Chainsaw Gloves
Stihl offers a variety of protective gloves.
- Proscaper Gloves
- High-Performance Pro Outdoor Gloves
- Outdoor Work Gloves
- Landscaper Series Indoor/Outdoor Work Gloves
- Mechanic Style Outdoor Work Gloves
The most expensive and best pair is shown above. It’s The STIHL ProMark Dynamic Chainsaw Protection Gloves.
It is also the sole pair to offer cutting protection for chainsaws. Other pairs are designed suitable for outdoor gardening and work, but not always suitable for use with the chainsaw.
Pro-Mark features pair:
- Multi-layered multi-layered tanned leather
- Cut Protectant to use for chainsaws
- Non-slip grip
- Velcro wrist
In the field of chainsaws and chainsaw safety equipment, Stihl knows what they’re making and they make top-quality products. The best part is that you don’t require a Stihl chainsaw to enjoy these products!
Youngstown Kevlar Chainsaw Gloves
Youngstown is a specialist in the design of high-end work gloves.
The Youngstown Kevlar Cut-Resistant Gloves aren’t any different. They feature Kevlar fibers all over the glove to provide cut and puncture resistance.
A non-slip glove and fingers will ensure that you always be able to grip the glove when using it. The glove was comfortable during testing for a prolonged period.
- Cut Resistant ANSI/ISEA 105, level A4, Puncture Resistant ANSI/ISEA Level 4
- A Versatile glove that can be used any time you require protection for your hands.
- Six sizes are offered to ensure that your gloves fit properly.
- The ergonomic design and flexible cuffs offer excellent dexterity while using
Oregon Anti Vibration Chainsaw Gloves
Although they aren’t expensive they are, these chainsaw gloves offer plenty of protection.
This Oregon Chainsaw glove features outstanding maneuverability and endurance. A seamless design and leather finger reinforcements ensure the durability of these gloves.
These gloves are perfect for the job and offer plenty of protection whether for home or professional use.
- Cut-resistant protection for your left hand
- High-visibility materials
- Waterproof palm, water-resistant polyester backing
Ironclad Ranchworx Work Gloves
The ironclad Ranchworx gloves are available in six sizes.
The combination of leather and spandex creates a glove that is very comfortable and gives a comfortable fit.
It has seamless fingertips, sweat-management features along Kevlar reinforcements, making it a glove one of the comfiest we’ve tried.
The features include
- Leatherwork glove made of premium leather
- EN388 Rated cut level A1 and puncture level 2.
- The 16-point measurement ensures that this glove is perfect for your hands
MAGID Windstorm Series Impact Gloves
Although all of these gloves provide superior protection The MAGID Windstorm offers the highest quality of protection at the most affordable cost.
This glove comes with an A4 ANSI rating for cuts and abrasions as well as A3 to protect against puncture. Your hands will be protected with these gloves.
They also feature an insulated mesh back, which will keep your hands dry and cool on hot working days.
- Cut and Abrasion security along with A3 puncture safety will ensure your safety
- The M-Flex defense system is a Vented Defense with a cool mesh backshell to help keep you dry and cool
- Available in various sizes to suit your hand
Endura Cut-Resistant Chainsaw Gloves
The long hours of work can be hard for your hands.
Vibration dampening may ease the strain that comes from the long-term use of chainsaws. The gloves made by Endura did amazing.
Available in 8 sizes, they provide stretchy nylon fabric You will be comfortable all day long in these gloves.
- Yellow backing with Hi-vis.
- Technologies that dampen vibrations reduce fatigue.
- Loop wrists and hooks stop debris from getting into gloves
Hexarmor Chrome Safety Work Gloves
Our pick for the top cut protection is the Hexarmor Chrom SLT safety work gloves.
The gloves come with an inner liner that offers 360-degree protection throughout the glove.
It also offers lots of damage and puncture protection. If you are looking for the highest level of protection available it could be the right glove for you.
Available in six sizes and sporting a slim liner, you’ll be able to do your job in these gloves.
- The full glove offers 360-degree protection from cuts
- A good grip will allow you to keep your tools in place even if your gloves are dirty or oily.
- This glove is designed to fit snugly and offers superior dexterity, whether for commercial or home use.
How To Choose The Best Chainsaw Gloves
Not all chainsaws are made equally.
When you’re looking for a suitable glove you must concentrate on a few important aspects. From comfort to protection reviewing these aspects before buying will allow you to select a chainsaw glove that is suitable for your needs.
Chainsaw Glove Materials
The best materials to be looking for are:
- Goatskin leather
- Kevlar fibers
The gloves made of these materials can provide protection, durability, and the comfort you need.
We have found goatskin gloves are the comfiest gloves available. Kevlar fibers are excellent for cutting as well as puncture resistance. PVC palms allow you to grasp your tools with plenty of dexterity. Neoprene cuffs are shaped and offer a comfortable fitting during usage.
Take these components and you’ll be wearing a glove that will ensure you stay cool and comfy throughout the day.
All chainsaw gloves are safe from injuries and accidents This covers cut, puncturing, and abrasion protection.
The gloves we tested comply with a range of ANSI standards.
These standards will assist you in selecting the right product to meet your safety requirements. The cut level scale goes up from A1 levels up to A9 levels. Gloves that are A1 levels or those with A2 are recommended to be sufficient to protect chainsaw usage.
Comfort and Dexterity
If your gloves feel uncomfortable and uncomfortable, you’ll not be able to do your work. It is also risky when you work wearing gloves that limit your mobility.
Finding the correct size glove is vital to your comfortableness. Gloves that are either too big or too small can make your work more difficult.
A variety of gloves provide convenience options such as velcro wrists with seamless construction, cooling backings, and water-resistant exteriors. Find gloves that have options that can satisfy your requirements.
Chainsaw Glove Reviews
Being safe is vital when using the chainsaw.
The absence of appropriate safety equipment could lead to a serious injury.
A pair of good chainsaw gloves will allow you to protect your fingers throughout your next tree-cutting task. The chainsaw gloves mentioned above are extremely protective and ensure your safety.
If you’re looking for an all-around excellent chainsaw glove, the VGO Chainsaw Work Gloves will be ideal for the task. The glove is suitable for both commercial and personal use. It is extremely safe and comfortable during long hours of use.
Don’t forget additional safety gear. We recommend chainsaw operators wear safety eyewear as well as hearing protection and footwear, safety helmets, and chaps with a protective lining or pants.
The correct chainsaw safety gear can make a difference in your own life.