What is this tool and how it can be used, you might wonder? A chainsaw is a saw that is both mechanical and portable, and that cuts with its set of teeth that are attached to a chain that rotates, and that runs along a guide bar. This tool can be used by anyone, even if you are not a professional sawyer, but it is not recommended to be left unsupervised with children.
The chainsaw can be used in different activities such as limbing, tree felling, cutting firebreaks in harvesting wood for the fire, and much more. There also exist chainsaws that were designed primarily with bars and chain combinations for the use in chainsaw art or mills. Some chainsaws were also specialized for the usage of cutting into concrete. Sometimes they can also be used for ice cutting.
It is essential to be cautious when you want to use a chainsaw and to wear protective gear because they are usually safe, but you are the one that is using the tool, and you are responsible for the way that you do it. Make sure that you are well equipped and that the environment is also safe for the activities.
Down below, you will find details about the chainsaw from Makita, a tool that is cordless and has many exciting features.
- The chainsaw has a motor that is built by Makita, and that can provide 1650 FPM. It has an increased speed for cutting.
- This tool is battery-powered, and it works with two 18 V LXT Lithium-Ion batteries that will provide the needed power and the run time for corded tasks without leaving the platform. You get with the batteries 36V power, but they are sold separately, and the charger, too. The Makita batteries are known to have the fastest charge time, and so they spend less time charging and more time working
- For the comfort of the user, Makita designed this chainsaw to have zero emissions and a noise level that is lowered at 89 dB(A)
- For increased capacity, the manufacturer added a 12” guide bar.
- For more convenient operation and better maintenance, it has a tool-less chain feature for adjustments.
- The start-up is instant because you only have to load the batteries and so the tool is ready to be used.
- Another feature of the tool is represented by the front handguard that actuates the brake if the chain whenever it is engaged.
- For secure handling, this chainsaw was designed to weigh only 10.1 lbs (with the batteries)
- In the case of operations in harsh job site conditions, the chainsaw was designed with resistance for dust and water with the technology of extreme protection.
- The chainsaw was designed with a top handle that is rubberized and provides a soft grip for the sawyer to be able to apply more pressure easier to have more even cuts.
- With this chainsaw, there is no need for changing the engine oil, no need to replace spark plugs, and no need to filter air or to clean the muffler.
- This chainsaw is battery powered, so there is no need to struggle with any cords.
- It works with an instant start-up.
- The chainsaw has a chain brake that is actuated when the tool is engaged.
- It is easy to handle due to its weight.
- This tool is water and dust resistant.
- It also has a rubberized handle top that delivers soft grips.
- The tool has a 12” guide bar that will increase its capacity.
- It has a tool-less feature for adjustments, and it delivers easier maintenance.
- The Makita batteries are known to have to fastest charge time.
- The tool has zero emissions, and the noise level is found to be very low.
- The Makita motor can provide 1650 FPM, and it has a speed for cutting that is increased.
- The price for a tool like this can be too high for some budgets
- The batteries are not included, you will have to spend more money to purchase them because they are sold separately
The Makita XCU02Z chainsaw is an excellent purchase for you if you are a professional sawyer or even if you are not qualified for this job professionally. You can use a chainsaw like this for preparing the wood fuel for the winter and deposit it into your storage shed when it is not used. The tool is battery powered, and so you can lose the struggle of using corded chainsaws when it is not necessary anymore.
This tool has an instant start-up, and you can get to the action right after you provide it with batteries. Thanks to its feature that makes it resistant to different unpleasant conditions, this chainsaw can be used no matter what the weather is like, whereas it can resist even water and dust.
Due to its dimensions and weight, the tool is straightforward to handle. What is more, it has a feature that delivers soft grips for the user with the top handle that is covered with a rubber material. The motor of the chainsaw can provide 1650 FMP, and this makes the speed for cutting increased.
If you want to look at cheaper options, then the Black+Decker LCS1240 chainsaw might catch your interest. It works with batteries, more specific with 40V MAX Lithium-Ion batteries. It has an automatic oiling system and a 12” low kickback bar and chain.
All in one, if you take a look at what this tool has to offer, you can notice that the outcome of the pro the cons and if you have the right budget for this, there is no turning back.
The Makita XCU02Z Cordless Chain Saw is easy to use and to handle. It also has an instant start-up, just make sure to wear protective gear and to provide a friendly surrounding for the activities that you want to engage to keep you and other participants safe.