Electric chainsaws are now commonly found among households since they can assist homeowners with the cutting and pruning needs in the garden or backyard. Unlike older and bigger models that are heavy, noisy, and use the gas-and-petroleum mixture for it to run, electric chainsaws are small and easy to use.
They are also more preferred to be used in households because electric chainsaws are easy to use—simply plug it in and you’re ready to go!
While gas-powered chainsaws are robust and have an advantage with regards to mobility, this is not to say that electricity-powered chainsaws cannot compete with their high power performance.
Most small and lightweight electric chainsaws sold in the market nowadays can do simple hedge trimming and pruning as well as cutting down whole trees. This is because of the strong motor and high-quality bar and chain in them.
When choosing an electric chainsaw for your home, you should carefully consider one which can be easily used by an amateur but can perform as if an expert handle it. A lightweight and smaller model is the best bet, especially if you are going to use it mainly for trimming hedges and cutting down branches in your yard.
If you are engaged in woodworking as a job or hobby, a small and lightweight chainsaw will also work great for your crafts.
One such example of a small electric chainsaw is the GreenWorks 20222 9 Amp 14-Inch Corded Chainsaw. It comes in a small package but delivers an amazing performance. In this article, we will discuss the features of the GreenWorks 20222 9 Amp 14-Inch Corded Chainsaw.
A summary of the features of the GreenWorks 20222 9 Amp 14-Inch Corded Chainsaw is as follows:
- Runs with a 9Amp electric motor
- Easy startup
- Has a 14-inch bar
- Features a tool-less chain tensioning that lets you adjust it quickly
- Has a wrap-around handle for easier grip and handling
- Has an auto-oiler feature
- Has a lock-off safety switch
- Has a hand and chain guard
- Low noise level
- Comes with a 4-year warranty
- Dimensions: 7 x9 x 29 inches
- Weight: 8 pounds
The GreenWorks 20222 9 Amp 14-Inch Corded Chainsaw is an electricity-powered chainsaw that runs with 9Amps to produce the right amount of power for cutting branches and tree limbs effectively. This chainsaw is made for light woodcutting work and features a low-level noise, which makes it great to use in the carpentry.
It has an easy startup feature where you need to simply plug it in and turn on the switch. Unlike gas-powered chainsaws, this electric chainsaw will no longer bother you with regular gas refills.
Furthermore, it has an auto-oiler feature that ensures the proper lubrication of your chainsaw’s bar and chain. A well-lubricated chainsaw will maxixe the life of your chainsaw since it prevents friction and overheating from occurring.
Even though the GreenWorks 20222 9 Amp 14-Inch Corded Chainsaw is a small and compact electric chainsaw, its 14-inch bar and chain provide strong cutting properties. It has a tool-less tensioning system for easy tension adjusting to the fitted chain.
- Electricity powered so you will no longer have to always refill it with gas to work for hours continuously.
- Runs on 9 Amps and can do light wood cutting efficiently and without problems
- It has a low noise level, so your family and neighbors won’t be annoyed every time you use this chainsaw.
- Easy startup—just plug it in and turn on the switch
- It has a tool-less chain tensioning feature which lets you adjust the tension of the fitted chain without hassle.
- It has an automatic chain oiler that ensures proper lubrication of the bar and chain to prevent friction and overheating.
- Oil in the automatic oiler is dispensed rather liberally, so you will need to check the oil reservoir regularly to prevent it from running dry.
- The oil level is challenging to view, so you will sometimes have to remove the cap to see how much oil is left.
- You will need a long extension cord if you need to work outdoors.
The GreenWorks 20222 9 Amp 14-Inch Corded Chainsaw is a small and lightweight electric chainsaw that you can use in your farm, garden, or carpentry to do light woodcutting jobs. It features a low noise level, so working with this baby will not be an annoyance to your family and neighbors. The tool-less tensioning system feature of this chainsaw lets you adjust the tension of the fitted chain easily and without worries.
The Remington RM 1425 is also a lightweight electric chainsaw. Running on a lower 8 Amp electric motor, it can still effectively trim your plants and small trees in the garden. It has an external chain tension adjuster and a push-button oiler. Unlike the GreenWorks 20222 9 Amp 14-Inch Corded Chainsaw which has an automatic oiler, Remington RM 1425 cannot ensure constant lubrication, especially if the handler forgets to press the push-button oiler.
A comparable electric chainsaw model with the GreenWorks 20222 9 Amp 14-Inch Corded Chainsaw is the Homelite ZR43100. It also has the same features of running with a 9Amp motor, a 14-inch bar, an automatic oiler, and a tool-less chain tensioner. Also built for light woodcutting, this electric chainsaw model is made for handy use around the house and the garden.
The GreenWorks 20222 9 Amp 14-Inch Corded Chainsaw is one of the best-selling electric chainsaws in the market nowadays which is made for light woodcutting jobs. While coming in a small and lightweight body, this electric chainsaw can still deliver its promise of cutting efficiently with its 9Amp electric motor.
The automatic oiler feature of this chainsaw model ensures the longevity of the life of this product since it prevents overheating unnecessary friction between the bar and the chain. This electric chainsaw is most preferred by owners who need a handy tool that they can use to prune and trim their hedges, cut tree limbs, and even cut slabs of wood for wood projects and firewood.