Chainsaws are one of the most used equipment when cutting down trees and wood. Unlike the traditional ax and saw, chainsaws assist people in cutting trees and hardwood faster and easier. They can also be used for simple hedge trimming and cutting. People who engage in woodworking crafts often seek the aid of chainsaws since these can provide fast and clean woodcuts.
Chainsaws are either gas-powered or electricity-powered but have almost the same components and parts. They employ the use of a motor, a bar, and a rotating chain that cuts the wood with its fast rotating speed.
Electric chainsaws are preferred by most homeowners nowadays due to their different benefits. For one, they are a whole lot less noisy than gas-powered chainsaws when being used. They are also easier to maintain since they no longer need a gas and oil mixture for them to run, unlike the traditional gas chain saw.
When doing long cutting jobs, you are working with a gas-powered chainsaw that can often be cut short because you will always need to refill the oil tank. With electricity-powered chainsaws, you can continuously work for minutes or hours as long as the power socket is plugged correctly.
While having an electric chainsaw can have some inconvenience mainly on the electrical cord attached to it for its power source, users prefer having this small inconvenience than having to refill a gas tank from time to time.
Furthermore, since homeowners use their electric chainsaws in places where they have easy access to an electrical outlet or a long extension cord, using their electric chainsaws is never a problem.
When choosing the right type of electric chainsaw for your home or outdoor cutting, you should look for one that has excellent features and which you can be comfortable in using.
One of the top-selling electric chainsaws in the market nowadays is the Worx WG304.4. In this article, we will discuss the features of this electric chainsaw to find out if this one can fit your needs.
A summary of the features of the Worx WG304.1 18-inch 15.0 Amp Electric Chainsaw with Auto-Tension, Chain Brake, and Automatic Oiling is as follows:
- 0 Amp motor output
- Patented auto-tension chain system that prevents over-tightening
- Has a low kickback bar
- Has a built-in safety chain
- Has a 6.75 built-in oil reservoir with oil level window indicator
- Provides automatic lubrication
- 18 inches bar length
- Has a rubber grip covering the handle
- Electricity operated
- Comes with a 3-year warranty
- Dimensions: 8.1 x 14.6 x 20.6 inches
- Weight: 11.3 pounds
The Worx brand has been producing high-quality chainsaws and other yard tools since 2004. The Worx WG304.1 has a powerful 15-amp engine to create a fast rotating chain that can quickly cut through wood with ease.
It has a more extended 18-inch bar for cutting medium to dense wood, even with its lightweight and small build. The WG304.1 has an auto-tensioning system that ensures the over-tightening of the chain, therefore prolonging its life.
Since proper lubrication of the bar and chain is essential for the chainsaw to perform better, this chainsaw comes with a 6.75-ounce oil reservoir that has an automatic oiler to provide constant lubrication.
Lastly, the safety chain brake of the WG304.1 will automatically stop the chain from rotating once incorrect contact is done. This potentially protects the handler from experiencing a chainsaw kickback.
- Lightweight and easy to handle even when using for long hours
- Great for use in the yard or farm for cutting wood and pruning trees, as well as cutting down trees
- Has an auto-tensioning system which properly secures the bar and chain while also preventing the chain from over-tightening
- The metal dogs at the base of the 18-inch bar promote stability.
- It has a 6.75-ounce oil reservoir that provides automatic lubrication to the bar and chain.
- Powered by electricity so you will no longer have to refill the gas tank continually
- Health concerns from inhaling harmful gas emissions are eliminated.
- It has a safety brake that stops the chain from rotating whenever incorrect contact is done.
- Users of this model were able to cut down huge trees like oak and cottonwood without problems.
- Some users have some difficulty in the chain and bar tension adjustment.
- Finding spare or replacement parts in the hardware can be difficult, which is why owners of the WG304.1 have to purchase them online.
- Some buyers report the chain falling off.
The WG304.1 is one of the top-selling lightweight and compact electric chainsaw that you can use for cutting jobs in your yard, garden, or farm. A great feature of this chainsaw is the safety brake that stops the chain from rotating within seconds of incorrect contact.
This prevents the handler from experiencing a kickback effect. This electric chainsaw lets you do your cutting job for long periods without having to worry about refilling the gas tank. At the same time, the automatic oil lubrication ensures that the bar and chain are lubricated enough to work correctly.
The Oregon CS1500 Self-Sharpening electric chainsaw is also one of the leading models in electric chainsaws. With its claim of sharpening its chain while you are using it. It also has a high 15 amp power motor for more robust cutting and an 18 inches long bar. Since chains are often the problem with chainsaws, this model claims of having a long-lasting and low-maintenance chain.
Another electricity-powered chainsaw is the Makita UC4051A electric chain saw. It has a shorter 16 inches bar and boasts of a “tool-less” blade and chain adjustment mechanism. It has a unique feature of a current limiter that prevents the motor from overheating, thereby minimizing the chances of motor damage. Like the WG304.1, the Makita electric chainsaw has an automatic oiler to provide constant lubrication to the bar and chain.
The WG304.1 is one of the top-selling and leading lightweight electric chainsaw in the market. It has a compact and small body, which makes it easy to handle ad use for long hours.
Despite being small, its long 18-inch bar lets users cut down hardwood trees like oak and cottonwood without problems. It has an automatic oiler that provides constant lubrication to the bar and chain to prevent it from drying up and over-heating. This chainsaw is a great tool to have around the house, garden, or farm for cutting wood and other objects.