Do you plan to purchase a push mower for your yard? You should make sure that you get a mower that meets your needs. You should consider the size of your yard, trees, and obstacles. There are many lawn mowers available on the market today. Here are some tips to help you choose the right mower.
Push vs. Self-Propelled
A push mower is an excellent choice if you have a small yard. The cutting deck is 20 to 22 inches. This machine will allow you to enhance the beauty of your lawn quickly and efficiently.
A self-propelled unit is the best option if you have a larger lawn. The machine pushes itself, making it much easier to do the job. To ensure that it moves in the right direction, you just need to walk behind it.
What features should you look for in a machine?
Starting SystemsIt can be frustrating if the machine is hard to start. It is important to choose a mower with the correct starting system. This will make it much easier to maintain our lawn.
Electric StarterAn electric starting system is a simple way to start your machine. All you have to do is turn the key.
Automatic ChokeThis type of system requires you to simply engage the safety handle and pull the rope. This will activate the machine.
Leaf-handlingThis mower can be used to catch, suck and shred leaves. The screen is located between the discharge chute (and the cutting blade) and allows you to do this. Most modern mowers have this feature.
Noise: Some machines are equipped with special mufflers to help reduce noise.
DurabilityYou should ensure that you choose a unit that is durable. These units are typically equipped with OHV or Maxi-Clean filters.
The unsafe use of lawnmowers is responsible for over 60,000 injuries every year, according to reports by the US Consumer Product Safety Commission. Children are most likely to be injured. We recommend that you practice safety regardless of the machine you purchase. Below are some safety tips that you might want to consider.
- Protective eyewear should always be worn
- Do not mow at night, or when the grass has become wet.
- Before you start any job, make sure to remove all debris and other items from your yard.
- When you’re doing your job, make sure that there aren’t any children in your yard
- When you turn on your machine, follow these instructions
- Do not tilt your mower
- Turn off your unit before you cross a driveway or sidewalk.
- Do not make the error of activating safety devices.
- Do not touch the hot engine
- Your children shouldn’t be able to operate the machine.
These are some tips to help you buy and use a push mower.