A new chainsaw can make the work in your garden or farm much easier. If you are looking for a new saw, an electric saw might seem like a strange choice. On the other hand, a good electric saw can perform just as well as a gas-powered saw and will prevent fumes, cord pulling, and gas usage.
The [easyazon_link identifier=”B004NITD9O” locale=”US” tag=”electrichainsaw-20″]Worx WG 303.1[/easyazon_link] promises the power with an electric cord. In this review, we will see if it performs as well as it promises. We look into what this saw offers and how it performs in the real world and have a final verdict for you.
The Worx WG 303.1 is a lightweight electric chainsaw with a 14 Amp motor. It has a patented auto-tension system for the chain that works with a basic knob that prevents over-tightening.
The bar has low kickback, and it comes with a built-in chain brake for some extra safety. It also has automatic lubrication, and it has a built-in oil reservoir, so it is an easier process to keep the chain running smoothly.
The oil reservoir has a window level indicator. The chain replacement can be done without tools. This saw runs on 120 Volt power, produces up to 3.5 horsepower, and it is quite lightweight for this power.
This saw also comes with a three-year manufacturer’s guarantee. It offers quite a range of good features, but before you only rely on this list, we have the pros and cons of this saw. We also have our verdict, so you can make an informed choice before you spend your cash on this saw.
[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”168″ identifier=”B004NITD9O” locale=”US” src=”https://electrichainsaw.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/311uf68FxNL.jpg” tag=”electrichainsaw-20″ width=”500″]
- It comes with a 14 Amp motor.
- It has a patented auto-tension system for the chain.
- The tension system with knob prevents over-tightening
- It has a low kickback bar.
- It has a built-in chain brake
- It has automatic lubrication with a built-in oil reservoir
- It has a level indicator with a window for the oil reservoir
- It has a three-year manufacturer’s guarantee
- It is lightweight
- It can produce up to 3.5 horsepower
- It has tool-free chain replacement
- It runs on 120 Volts of power
- Weight: 11 pounds (4.98 kg)
- Dimensions: 8.07 x 19.69 x 14.57 inches ( 20.49 x 50.01 x 37 cm)
- It is a real lightweight saw
- It has a good amount of power behind it
- It has a good sharp, effective chain
- It is ergonomically designed, so it is comfortable to use
- The chain tensioning is effective
- It is relatively quiet, especially compared to gas-powered saws
- It doesn’t have any kickback on the tip
- It is safe to use with a good chain brake
- It offers really good quality and performance for the price
- It is easy to use and requires less effort than a pull start model
- The electric cord limits the use to areas within reach of a power outlet
- The knob can turn when you cut something on the side it is mounted
- It uses quite a lot of oil to keep the chain lubricated
- The manufacturer does not sell replacement parts
- It can have electrical problems if it does not have the right power source
- The oil can drain out of the reservoir when it is not in use
- It is not very durable over extended use
- The chain can fall off if it is not tensioned well
This Worx WG 303.1 is a light and well-balanced chainsaw that performs well for an electric saw. It is comparable to a gas saw, and its ergonomic design allows for comfortable use.
The handles are shaped well and positioned exactly where you need them to grip easily. It packs quite a punch for an electric saw. It is well suited to backyard work.
You can wave goodbye to exhaust fumes, and your arms will thank you for not having to pull a cord every few minutes. It is lightweight for its power and has a good ergonomic design. The chain is nice and sharp out of the box, and the tensioning system helps to keep it effective and safe.
It doesn’t have any kickback on the tip, and it is easy to use. It comes with some oil, but it is quite thin, slightly thicker oil is suitable and lubricates more efficiently.
We also have to mention that it is not all perfect. The oil can leak if you leave it in the reservoir when the saw is not in use. With an electric cord, you need to be connected to an outlet, so you will need to work in a range of your extension cord.
The tightening knob is positioned a bit awkwardly and can turn the chain loose with use; this can cause the chain to fall off (not an ideal situation!).
Also, keep in mind that it runs on 120 Volts so it can have electric problems if you don’t run it from a suitable source. This saw also has problems with its durability after prolonged heavy use, and because the manufacturer doesn’t sell replacement parts, this saw suddenly has a much shorter lifespan. But that wraps it up for the pros and cons; we can now give our well-considered verdict.
This [easyazon_link identifier=”B004NITD9O” locale=”US” tag=”electrichainsaw-20″]Worx WG 303.1 chainsaw[/easyazon_link] will easily help you to cut into all the sprawling timber in your yard without any problems. It is a light to mid-use saw and keeps in mind that you will need to work within the distance of your extension cord.
We recommend this saw if you don’t have massive, heavy-duty work but need something powerful to deal with a fallen tree or a branch that is threatening your house.
It is quiet, light and offers really good performance for its price range. If you treat it well, it will happily give you excellent service.